Chipotle Cottage Pie - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns
Jul 06, 2022
This week on Cooking, Coaching & Conversations Dr Lucy cooked a true winter warmer - chipotle cottage pie. This recipe is very quick to throw together for a hearty weeknight meal and the whole family will love it.
- butter or olive oil
- chopped onions, we used frozen
- 1kg beef mince
- 2 x Mingle Seasoning 'Mild Smoky Chipotle' sachets
- sliced mushrooms
- 500g passata
- frozen peas
- cauliflower florets, frozen
- grated cheese
- Heat a large pan and add some butter or oil.
- Add the onions and start to cook them, stirring.
- Add the beef mince and use a spatula to break it up and allow it to brown.
- While the mince is cooking, cook the cauliflower in the microwave until tender.
- Once the mince is cooked, add in the seasoning mix, salt, mushrooms, peas & passata. Stir to combine.
- Blend together the cooked cauliflower with some butter & salt until smooth.
- Place the mince mixture into an oven-proof dish and top with the cauliflower and some grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the pie is heated through.