Fat Head Pizza - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns
Apr 20, 2022
Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns is live on Facebook at 6pm Tuesday nights. In this week's episode, Dr Lucy shows how to make a quick and easy low carb pizza.
- 210g grated mozzarella cheese
- 80g cream cheese
- 1.5 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1-2 tsp psyllium husks
- 1 egg
- desired pizza toppings
- Melt together the mozzarella or cream cheese in a saucepan or microwave until it comes together, and it is soft and pliable.
- Add the cheese to a bowl with the almond flour, psyllium and egg and work quickly to bring the dough together with a spoon. Then use your hands to knead the mixture until it is a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of non-stick paper into the shape of a pizza base.
- Place the pizza base on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Flip the base over and cook for another minute.
- Add your favourite pizza toppings and bake again to heat the toppings through and bake the cheese.