Two quick low carb chicken meals - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns
Jan 26, 2022
Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns is live on Facebook at 6pm Tuesday nights. In this weeks episode, Dr Lucy showed how to whip up two quick and easy low carb dinners that the whole family will love - fancy chicken salad & Thai chicken curry.
POACHED CHICKEN SALAD & THAI CHICKEN CURRY
- coconut oil
- onions, chopped (we used frozen)
- Mingle Seasoning Zaatar spice mix
- 1 tin of coconut cream
- 1kg chicken thighs, sliced
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- lettuce or cabbage, shredded
- red capsicum, sliced
- cucumber, sliced
- baby spinach leaves
- Mingle Seasoning 'Green Curry' spice mix sachet (half)
- Heat a pan, add some coconut oil, onions & some zaatar seasoning and saute.
- Once the onions have slightly cooked, add the tin of coconut cream with the lime zest and juice.
- Add the chicken and make sure it is covered in the liquid. Leave on medium-low heat to poach.
- While the chicken is poaching prepare the salad. Add the lettuce or cabbage, capsicum, cucumber, cashews & sauerkraut to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove half of the chicken from the poaching liquid and set it aside to cool down.
- To the remaining chicken in the poaching liquid add spinach leaves, zucchini and half of the Mingle Seasoning sachet and continue to cook until the veggies are cooked.
- Toss the cooled chicken through the salad and it is ready to serve.