Keto Fried Chicken - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns
Dr Lucy is using her new favourite gadget again, her air fryer, on Cooking, Coaching and Conversations this week to make keto fried chicken! There is no need to resort to takeaway when you can quickly and easily whip up this delicious & nutritious keto fried chicken at home.
- broccoli florets
- capsicum, chopped
- Mingle Seasoning 'Tangy Zaaatar' spice blend
- olive oil
- chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- goat's cheese
- Add the broccoli and capsicum to a bowl and toss with the salt, seasoning and olive oil to coat.
- Place the veggies in the bottom of your air fryer basket. Start cooking in the air fryer on the highest heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken. Pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Toss to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut flour and some more of the seasoning blend.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and whisk it.
- To coat the chicken, dip each piece in the egg mixture and then the coconut flour mixture to coat.
- Add the chicken pieces to the top layer of the air fryer, and spread out evenly if you can.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then turn them over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken and veggies are cooked, remove them from the air fryer.
- Toss the roasted veggies with some goat's cheese and serve with the chicken pieces.