Tuscan Chicken - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy
Aug 10, 2021
This week on cooking, coaching & conversations, Dr Lucy Burns shows us how to make a delicious family dinner - Tuscan chicken.
- 1kg chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, cut into chunks
- onions, chopped (we used frozen)
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 bag of sliced mushrooms
- 1 or 2 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- Tangy Za'atar Mingle Seasoning
- 1 or 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- sun-dried tomatoes
- juice of 1 lemon
- a few handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- salt to taste
- Heat a large pan or pot with some butter.
- Add in the chicken thigh pieces and chopped onions to the pan and saute in the butter.
- Brown the chicken for five minutes and add in the eggplant, capsicum and mushrooms.
- Add in some of the Tangy Za'atar seasoning and a jar of passata, cover and allow to simmer.
- Add in the chorizo sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and lemon juice and allow to continue simmering.
- Once everything is cooked through, add in the baby spinach leaves to wilt and season with salt to taste.