Tacosagne - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns
Mar 29, 2022
Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns is live on Facebook at 6pm Tuesday nights. In this week's episode, Dr Lucy shows how to make a quick and easy low carb Mexican style lasagne - Tacosagne!
- olive oil
- chopped onions, we used frozen
- 1kg beef mince
- Mingle Seasoning 'Taco Seasoning' sachet
- capsicum, chopped
- mushrooms, sliced
- 300 ml passata
- zucchini, thinly sliced into long strips
- grated cheese
- Heat a large pan and add some oil.
- Once the pan is hot add the onions and mince and stir to break up the mince and brown.
- Add some salt and the Mingle Seasoning sachet and stir. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms and stir. Continue to cook.
- Once the mince and veggies are cooked, add in some passata and stir. You want to keep the mince mixture relatively dry as zucchini will release water as it cooks.
- In a large baking dish layer the mince mixture with the sliced zucchini and grated cheese. Starting with a meat layer and ending with grated cheese on top.