Salmon, tomatoes & feta - Cooking Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy
Sep 07, 2021
This week on cooking, coaching & conversations, Dr Lucy is cooking another simple and delicious meal - baked salmon, feta and tomatoes.
- 1 packet of smooth, mild feta cheese
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- cloves of garlic
- any spare chopped veggies, we used a zucchini
- sea salt flakes
- Mingle Seasonings all-purpose spice blend
- 4 salmon fillets
- Mingle Seasonings garlic ranch spice blend
- baby spinach leaves
- Place the block of feta in the middle of a baking tray and add the cherry tomatoes around the feta.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the feta and tomatoes.
- Add the chopped veggies (if using) and cloves of garlic in with the tomatoes, no need to peel the garlic.
- Sprinkle the entire tray with sea salt flakes and all-purpose spice blend.
- On a separate tray, place the salmon fillets then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with the garlic ranch spice blend.
- Place both trays in the pre-heated oven and bake until the salmon is cooked to your liking. The feta and vegetables may need a little longer to cook than the salmon.
- Once the feta is soft and the veggies are roasted, squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skins and mash everything on the try together.
- To serve, place a handful of baby spinach leaves on a plate, top with some of the mashed feta and tomato mixture and one salmon fillet.