Spinach and Ricotta Frittata - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy
Sep 07, 2021
This week on cooking, coaching & conversations, Dr Lucy Burns showed how to create a delicious spinach & ricotta frittata as well as an easy chocolate mousse recipe.
SPINACH AND RICOTTA RECIPE
- olive oil or coconut oil
- onions, chopped
- 1 box of frozen chopped spinach
- mushrooms, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1 large tub of smooth ricotta
- pure cream
- Mingle Seasonings - garlic & dill
- sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- grated cheese
- Preheat your oven.
- Heat an oven-proof pan with some olive oil or coconut oil.
- Add in some chopped onions and the frozen spinach.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the pan and stir.
- In a large bowl, add in the eggs and whisk them together to break up.
- Add the ricotta and cream to the whisked eggs and whisk together.
- Add the garlic & dill seasoning and the sun-dried tomatoes to the egg mixture and stir through.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and sprinkle in some olives if using them.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the egg mixture.
- Bake in the oven until cooked through and golden brown on top.
EASY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 2 large avocados
- vanilla extract
- pure cream
- 2 large spoonfuls of cacao powder
- 60g granulated erythritol
- Remove the seeds from the avocado and remove the skin.
- Place the avocado in a blender or food processor with the vanilla, cream, cacao powder and erythritol.
- Blend until completely smooth and combined. You may need to use more or less sweetener, depending on your tastes.