Low carb lasagne - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns
Oct 05, 2021
Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns is live on Facebook at 5.30pm Tuesday nights. In this weeks episode, Dr Lucy showed how to make a low carb lasagne.
- onions, chopped (we used frozen)
- 1 kg minced beef
- 1 bag of frozen mixed chopped veggies - zucchini, tomatoes, capsicum etc
- Mingle Seasonings 'Spag bol' spice mix sachet
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- extra grated cheese on top
- To a large saucepan, add in the minced beef, onions and salt and start to cook.
- Add in the veggies, spice mix sachet and passata and cover to allow it to cook. Stirring occasionally to break up the beef mince.
- In a small saucepan, add in the cream cheese, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and heat on low to melt and combine. Add some cream to get the desired consistency.
- Cut the cabbage in half and remove the leaves, so you have individual leaves to use as your lasagne sheets.
- Layer the meat sauce, cabbage leaves and cheese sauce in a baking dish top with the extra grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.