Chaffles & Jimmy Cakes - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy
Sep 07, 2021
This week on cooking, coaching & conversations, Dr Lucy Burns showed how to create delicious low carb bread replacements - chaffles and Jimmy cakes! These can be used in place of a hamburger bun, sausage in bread, as a taco shell or for vegemite on toast. You can also add some sweetener to make a sweet version.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp gelatin
- 1/2 - 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- seasonings are optional (herbs, spices etc)
- Pre heat a waffle maker or pancake maker.
- Whisk together the egg, baking powder and gelatin.
- Stir in the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Place the batter in the waffle maker or pancake maker and cook until it is browned and cooked through.