Keto Mexican Eggs - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy
May 18, 2021
This week on cooking, coaching & conversations, Dr Lucy Burns shows us how to make one of her favourite dinners - Mexican eggs!
- coconut or olive oil
- onions, chopped
- 1kg of grass-fed beef mince
- Mingle Seasonings taco spice blend sachet
- mushrooms, sliced
- capsicum, chopped
- baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 jar of passata
- grated cheese
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add in the onions, stir them and allow them to soften.
- Add in the beef mince and stir to break up and allow it to brown.
- Once the mince is browned, add in the taco spice blend sachet and stir through.
- Add in the mushrooms, baby spinach and capsicum and stir to combine. Continue cooking.
- Stir in the passata.
- Turn the heat down and, using a spoon create holes in the mixture to add in an egg.
- Crack the eggs into the created wells, cover and continue to cook until the egg whites are cooked through.
- Once the eggs are cooked, the meal is ready. Sprinkle with some grated cheese if desired.