Saag Paneer - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns
Oct 26, 2022
Last night in Cooking, Coaching & Conversations, Dr Lucy made a nutrient-dense meal using spinach from her veggie garden - saag paneer. Remember, nutritious food can be fast to prepare and absolutely delicious, but it isn't always glamorous!
- 400g spinach leaves
- fresh minced garlic
- fresh minced ginger
- 1 chilli, chopped (remove the seeds if you don't want it too hot)
- tomato or passata
- ghee or butter for frying
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- onion, chopped (we used frozen)
- 400g paneer cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- Cook the spinach leaves to wilt them down in the microwave or steamer.
- In a blender or food processor, place your wilted spinach leaves, garlic, ginger, chilli & passata. Blend until it is all combined and has a sauce consistency.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add the butter or ghee to melt.
- To the heated pan, add the garam masala, turmeric, cumin seeds and onions and start to cook to release the flavour of the spices and cook the onions.
- Add the spinach mixture to the frying pan and stir to combine.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Add some water to thin the spinach sauce to your desired consistency.
- Add the cubed paneer cheese and stir through to combine and heat through.
- Stir the yoghurt through the sauce, and it is ready to serve.