Stuffed Eggplants and Chocolate Mousse - Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns
Sep 15, 2021
This week on Cooking, Coaching & Conversations with Dr Lucy Burns, Dr Lucy cooked a delicious low carb stuffed eggplant. Give this one a go this week!
- chopped onions, we used frozen
- 500g beef mince
- 1 large eggplant
- red capsicum, chopped
- Mingle Seasoning sachet - 'Spag Bol'
- tomato passata
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a baking dish.
- Heat a pot on the stove and add in the onions, the Spag Bol sachet and the beef mince and start to brown it and break up.
- Cut the eggplant in half and then score the flesh side with a crosshatch and then scoop out the flesh, leaving some around the skin so it holds its shape.
- Add the eggplant flesh and chopped capsicum to the pot with the mince, stir and continue cooking.
- Once the meat mixture is cooked, place the eggplant shells in your baking dish and fill them with the mince mixture.
- Top with a drizzle of passata and a sprinkle of grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or so, until golden brown.
- 500g avocado
- tin of coconut cream
- 50g cacao powder
- 100g sweetener
- splash of vanilla
- sprinkle of cinnamon
1. Blitz all ingredients together in the blender until smooth & creamy.