- Tackling non-hungry eating - Using food to buffer uncomfortable emotions, also known as emotional eating.
- Emotional eating thought model - A neutral event creates a thought, the thought creates a feeling and our feeling then drives a result.
- Our brains are pattern machines - when they see a situation they repeat the same behaviours. However, we have the ability to change those patterns.
- Using the thought model to identify your thoughts and feelings and then process and accept them.
- It is normal to have negative feelings and there is no need to suppress them.
- It may be easier to check in with yourself after the distressing event and reflect if the thoughts are actually true.
- Your mind is like a garden - it needs to be cultivated and is an ongoing process for the rest of your life.