Episode Fifty Five
- Dr James Muecke's mission - the 2020 Australian of the Year is passionate about fighting blindness, specifically blindness as a result of type 2 diabetes, which is the leading cause of blindness in adults.
- Blindness and type 2 diabetes - how the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes in Australia can lead to blindness as a complication.
- Reducing the incidence and effect of type 2 diabetes with low carb, real food - why type 2 diabetes is largely preventable, and why 98% of the loss of vision due to type 2 diabetes is avoidable.
- The potency of real food, low carb nutrition - why simply reducing our dietary intake of carbohydrates can lower insulin, reduce blood pressure, dissipate a fatty liver, and reverse metabolic dysfunction.
- Why food truly is medicine - what you eat really is the most powerful way you can prevent and reverse chronic disease.
- The importance of understanding what it means to be metabolically healthy - why most people wrongly equate being healthy with how they look or a number on the scale, as opposed to being truly, metabolically healthy.
- The failings and flaws of the Health Star Rating system - why the Health Star Rating system is inherently biased towards the food industry and needs a complete overhaul.
If you are interested in finding out more about Dr James Muecke's mission to flight blindness, you can visit Sight For All here