Sunday, April 23rd
27 Rowe Ave, Rivervale WA 6103
Join us for a day of learning, connection and inspiration with delicious food and wonderful speakers
- 08.15 Arrival and registration
- 09.00 Welcome
- 09.15 Kirsty Woods - Changing the conversation around metabolic health
- 09.45 Beck Newton - Real food, good mood
- 10.15 Dr Mary Barson - Mighty mitochondria
- 11.00 Morning Tea & connection
- 11.30 Dr Anthony Chaffee - Tips & traps of a carnivore lifestyle
- 12.00 Dr Lucy Burns - How to stick to low carb
- 12.45 Lunch and Connection
- 2.00 Claire McDonnell-Liu - Low carb for families
- 2.30 Dr Sanjeev Balakrishnan - Low carb patient stories
- 3.15 Afternoon tea and Connection
- 3.45 Lynda Rose - The secret to ageing well
- 4.15 Dr Mary Barson - How thin do you have to be?
- 4.45 Raffle, prizes and farewell
Dr Anthony Chaffee
Dr Anthony Chaffee is an American medical doctor and Neurosurgical resident who, over a span of 20+ years, has researched the optimal nutrition for human performance and health. It is his assertion that most of the so-called chronic diseases we treat as doctors are caused by the food we eat, or don't eat, and can be reversed with dietary changes to a species specific diet.
Dr Mary Barson
Dr Mary has an honours degree in biochemistry as well as a medical degree. She is the co-founder of Real Life Medicine and is passionate about empowering people to reclaim their health using a low carb approach and her expert training in self compassion. She is a qualified hypnotherapist and has her own journey with severe insulin resistance and PCOS
Dr Lucy Burns
Dr Lucy is the co-founder of Real Life Medicine. She is known for her ability to take complex topics and distil them into easy to understand analogies. In fact, she is the self-proclaimed "Analogy Queen". She is an ex-dieter and an expert in sugar addiction having overcome her own severe addiction using the power of stories.
Claire has over a decade experience of designing and delivering food and wellbeing programmes with schools, government, charity and business partners. She is highly motivated to tackle health inequalities through the delivery of nutrition programmes that engage and empower communities.
Lynda is a Health & Nutrition Coach based in Perth. She is a member of The Nutrition Association of Australia, and has a Bachelor of Nutrition with Torrens University. Her focus and passion are to guide clients that are suffering from metabolic stress, digestive disorders and chronic illness, to find a practical way towards a real food lifestyle.
Beck Newton has over 30 years health experience. She’s an Accredited Practising Dietitian, Registered Nurse and Credentialled Diabetes Educator with postgraduate qualifications in diabetes, mental health, health coaching and business. Beck currently sees patients in her private clinic – EatLiveWell. She supports patients with many different health issues, but insulin resistance, pre-diabetes, type 1 diabetes, and type 2 diabetes are her main areas of focus in her private clinic.
Kirsty is a registered Exercise Physiologist with over 10 years in the health industry she understands the complexity of obesity and related comorbidities, and the frustrations and challenges it can pose. Kirsty takes a very hands on approach with clients and gets great satisfaction when they achieve long-term goals. Her specialty areas include complex obesity, PCOS and fatty liver.
Dr Sanjeev Balakrishnan
Sanjeev holds a Master of Medicine in Family Medicine from the National University of Singapore. He is very passionate about management of obesity, type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome through healthy eating. He is an advocate for the scientifically proven low carbohydrate-high healthy fat diet.
Buy Tickets Now
- Full Day conference in fabulous venue
- Access to Australia's leading low carb health professionals
- Delicious Low Carb morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Tea, coffee and water throughout the day
- Plenty of opportunity for connection and mingling
- Goodie bag on arrival with delegate workbook
- Giveaways and door prizes