Episode Twenty Four
- Real food focus - Feed your family as much as possible with real food as close as possible to it's natural form.
- Starchy veggies - Active kids and adults who are metabolically flexible can eat more carbohydrates, in real food form.
- Focus on reducing processed carbs - Try to avoid junk food, sugar and other highly processed grains and carbohydrates.
- Don't use sugar as a reward - Dr Mary Barson tells a story of how her daughter was offered a lollipop as a reward after a COVID test.
- The normalisation of sugar - Sugar addiction is normalised in our society and restricting kids from 'sugary treats' can be seen as a negative.
- Non-food rewards/treats - Remove the treat/reward component around food. Instead, use the language everyday food and sometimes food.
- Don't demonise food - Try and provide an alternative narrative around food choices and rewards.