- Hippocrates - 'All disease begins in the gut'.
- Gut Health - Has recently moved from alternative/fringe medicine into the mainstream due to new scientific findings.
- Gut pain/symptoms - Very important to seek medical advice from your doctor to rule out anything serious.
- Wellness - We are not aiming just for the absence of disease, we want you to have optimal health and wellness, including gut health.
- What is the gut? This describes our entire intestinal tube. A hollow tube that goes all the way from our mouth to our anus.
- Gut barrier - Anything inside of our gut, is technically outside of our body. Food that we do not absorb travels along the intestinal tube without going into our body.
- Leaky gut - This is when our gut allows some of these food particles or toxins into the body through the gut barrier.
- Gut microbiome - Our inner garden! It is an ecosystem of bacteria and other microorganisms within our intestines which is in a mutually beneficial relationship with our bodies.
- A healthy gut microbiome - This ecosystem helps our immune system, regulates our mood, improves insulin sensitivity.