- What is a habit? It is just an automatic action and we can have helpful and unhelpful habits.
- A habit can start with a thought or an action and then just happens automatically. Like brushing your teeth!
- Let go of unhelpful habits - You can use an intention to let go of an unhelpful habit.
- Cultivate helpful habits - This takes time, especially as adults, and sometimes we will falter.
- Use triggers or prompts to make the helpful habit easy and make the unhelpful habit hard. Like having your exercise clothes ready for you when you wake up in the morning.
- Develop strategies like paying at the petrol pump to avoid the temptation of the service station food and drink.