Real Life Medicine
Purchase Terms and Conditions
Thank You for choosing Real Life Medicine!
These Terms and Conditions govern your purchase.
By clicking “accept” You agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Website, www.rlmedicine.com is operated by Real Life Medicine Pty Limited (ACN:645 074 433) t/a Real Life Medicine of ‘Sladen House’ 410 Pakington Street Newtown Victoria 3220 (‘Real Life Medicine’).
- Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated services is provided by Real Life Medicine.
- The Website provides you with an opportunity to browse and purchase a variety of online courses and programs that have been listed for sale through the Website as well as book and purchase the video consultation services of Real Life (collectively the ‘Programs & Services’). The Website provides this service by way of granting you access to the content on the Website (the 'Purchase Services').
- You have agreed to purchase a Program or Service through the Website (‘Programs & Services’).
- These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with the payment page (‘Payment Page’) and Program or Service information page (‘Information Page’) of the Website.
You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Real Life Medicine in the user interface.
- When purchasing a Program or Service, you will be required to provide personal information such as your full name, password, telephone number, postal and e-mail address.
- You agree that all details that you have provided in completing the purchase are true and correct.
- Purchase of Programs & Services
- In using the Purchase Services to purchase the Programs & Services through the Website, you will agree to the payment of the Purchase Price listed on the Website for the Program or Service.
- Payment of the Purchase Price may be made through debit card and credit card through the available payment provider (the 'Payment Gateway Providers').
- Following payment of the Purchase Price being confirmed by Real Life Medicine, you will be issued with a receipt to confirm that the payment has been received and Real Life Medicine may record your purchase details for future use.
- You acknowledge and agree that where a request for the payment of the Purchase Price is returned or denied, for whatever reason, by your financial institution or is unpaid by you for any other reason, then you are liable for any costs, including banking fees and charges, associated with the Purchase Price.
- Unless otherwise stated, all amounts are listed in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are GST inclusive, being goods and services tax as defined in A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999, inclusive amounts. Where the services are provided outside Australia, GST is inapplicable.
- Video Consultation Services
- You must notify Real Life Medicine of an intention to cancel the Services as soon as practicable through e-mail to [email protected] or telephone to [telephone] and abide by the following (‘Cancellation Policy’).
- Real Life Medicine understands that things change, and therefore if you need to make a request to alter your booking time you agree to provide at least 24 hours’ notice. Unfortunately, if you have to make changes within 24 hours of your scheduled session, you will forfeit the booking, and the Purchase Price involved.
- Real Life Medicine will use its best efforts and take all reasonable steps to help you achieve your desired results. However, Real Life Medicine makes no warranty that the Programs & Services will meet your requirements or that all clients will achieve the same results.
- The Programs & Services do come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with a Product, you are entitled to cancel your contract with Real Life Medicine and are entitled to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value. For major failures with the Service, you are entitled to cancel your contract with Real Life Medicine, and you are entitled to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value. A major failure with the service is defined by the Australian Consumer Law and includes but is not limited to severe situations where a service is unfit for the purpose it is sold or creates an unsafe situation.
- Programs & Services Disclaimer
- You agree that when you purchase the Programs or Services, you are solely responsible for creating and implementing your own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from Real Life Medicine’s relationship with you, its educational materials and interactions with you. As such, you agree that Real Life Medicine is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any Programs or Services it provides.
- You understand that the Programs and Services are not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Additionally, the Programs and Services are not to be used as a substitute for professional medical, psychology, psychiatric or other mental health care. It is your exclusive responsibility to seek such independent medical care and professional guidance as needed. Seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Inform your doctor of any changes you may make to your lifestyle and discuss these with your doctor. Do not disregard medical advice or delay visiting a medical professional because of something you read or hear in the Programs and Services.
- You agree to release and discharge Real Life Medicine from and against all claims arising out of or in connection with provision of the Services and any techniques employed. This release includes but is not limited to any claim for personal injury, damages and death of any participant which has participated in a Program or received a Service from Real Life Medicine.
- You understand that in order to enhance the relationship and sessions with Real Life Medicine, you agree to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the Programs and Services.
Real Life Medicine’ total liability arising out of or in connection with the Programs & Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Course to You.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- Intellectual Property Rights
- You agree that any works, documentation, materials, or content of the Programs & Services, creative works or information of whatever nature produced or developed by Real Life Medicine or under Real Life Medicine’s direction pursuant to or in the course of providing the Programs & Services will remain the sole and complete property of Real Life Medicine, whether such property is tangible or is in the nature of industrial and Intellectual Property Rights (including copyright, trademarks and rights of Confidential Information).
- There is no assignment of Intellectual Property Rights by Real Life Medicine to You pursuant to this Agreement.
- Nothing in this Agreement affects the Moral Rights in any works, items, materials or information supplied pursuant to this Agreement.
You hereby indemnify and agree to keep indemnified Real Life Medicine against all liability, losses or expenses You incur in relation to or in any way directly or indirectly connected with any breach of copyright or any rights in relation to copyright in such literary and artistic works supplied as aforesaid.
- Mailing List and SMS List Registration
- You will be given the option to register for the Real Life Medicine Mailing List (the 'Mailing List') and SMS List (the ‘SMS List’).
- As part of the registration process, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- If you choose to register for the Mailing List and SMS List , you agree to receive promotional material, updates and other content from Real Life Medicine.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- These Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
- In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Purchase Services or the Programs & Services, Real Life Medicine agrees that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Australia, situated in Victoria, Australia.
Any provision of these Terms which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction will, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions of these Terms or affecting the validity or enforceability of such provisions in any other jurisdiction.
You agree that any testimonials that may be provided by you from time to time may be used by Real Life Medicine for marketing purposes.
- Entire Agreement and Modifications
Both you and Real Life Medicine confirm and acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions, Information Page, Payment Page and Website Terms and Condition of the Website constitute the entire agreement between you and Real Life Medicine and shall supersede and override all previous communications, either oral or written, between the parties.